30.7.12 SURROUNDED


I am surrounded by twisted cotton cord, dye baths and timber beads today. You guessed it, I am in macrame owl territory. I love my previous boys but this lovely peachy lady is my first girl and ain't she delicious?! Macrame owls hold so many childhood memories for me and it's wonderful to see them continuing to be loved by others three years after I designed and launched my modern version. Remember To John Denver With Love?


I originally made one in this colour for the Nannageddon exhibition at He Made She Made gallery in Darlinghurst. And now there are going to be another couple available on The Six Week Boutique in a week or two. Laura and Pat from He Made She Made are super lovely and curate fab exhibitions. Their next Who Shot The Serif, opens on the 1st August. Typography based it is right up my alley but unfortunately I haven't had time to pull anything together for it. Big bummer... check it out anyway if you're around, it'll be a corker no doubt.



No comments:

Post a Comment