3.9.12 CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES


I am running SO late with my post this morning that it's actually now the afternoon! If you're anything like me you will have one or two of these beautiful old crocheted Afghans laying around. I come across them constantly in op shops and have to stop myself from buying them, let's be honest I only have one bed. This white one looks amazing in it's subtlety as the focal point of this uncluttered space with it's black timber floors.
If you are partial to owning an Afghan or two, or three, a great way to justify it is to dye one or two of them. Choose the right colour and you'll have a thoroughly modern looking craft focal point as shown in the image below. To get this particular shade of grey I'd mix quite a few packets of RIT's pearl grey with a touch of lavender and an ever so teeny smidgen of black until perfect. If you don't feel confident mixing colours Batik Oetoro dyes are incredible or just go the whole hog and have a professional dye house achieve a signature colour for you. If you're in Sydney Cullachange is wonderful.



6 comments:

  1. Luv this idea wonder how ombré would look...might play around with doilies first!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ombre would look incredible! Tx

      Delete
  2. How odd... I have one on my sofa :) I was looking at it yesterday and thinking that it so dull and what can I do to make it happier. Thank you for the idea, Tamara, I have few mixed dyes... just need to choose the colour...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Love to hear the post has inspired you... colour choice is never easy, good luck with your dyeing project! Tx

      Delete
  3. mirko7.9.12

    Hello
    how it is called that beautiful chair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mirko, it is called a Butterfly Chair Tx

    ReplyDelete