7.9.12 WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT


Purple, it's a toughie. But not it seems, when you use it to upholster a set of dark timber retro chairs and paint the walls tiffany blue. Do you all find as much inspiration in this colour combo as I do? Normally I wouldn't touch it but the use of all that organic timber and exposed brick grounds this pairing to the point of perfection. I have been seeing so much purple in all it's various shades peppered through the latest upholstery fabric collections and am growing to love it. Unique Fabrics does a purple like this called Next but it's a brushed cotton so has a slightly washed out look, super beautiful. Purple upholstery, who would have thought it could be so good.

I was chatting with David Heimann, the owner of Orson & Blake today about how most of my early childhood memories are related to particular flowers (and making mud pies but that's not relavant to the story) and it called to mind the wisteria vine that literally covered the porch of our farmhouse and buzzed with bees all summer long in it's purple glory. Imagine sitting in this purple chair, looking beyond tiffany blue walls out onto a mass of wisteria. I am seriously having palpatations at the thought. Have a great weekend and see some of you Sunday at my tassel garland class at The School!

4 comments:

  1. And that vine is budding up again for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like an old friend Mum! Tx

      Delete
  2. When I was working in an Interior Design School and wasting time looking through all the Resource books, I was really surprised to learn that purple can be worked through almost any colour scheme and create Harmony within most colour schemes! I never really thought about it before but now I see it everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I would never have thought Nikki! Tx

      Delete