10.10.12 IT'S A LDF12 WRAP


Ok today I am wrapping up my highlights from the London Design Festival 2012 and what better way to end things than to reminisce over my visit to the store of a London shoe designer with a healthy respect for craftsmanship, Tracey Neuls.  Of course I don't normally blog about wearables but Tracey's work is pure design heaven and her shop displays genius. This year she collaborated with lighting and furniture designer Tord Boontje especially for the festival which is how I came upon her pop up shop in Shoreditch, East London... and these boots. They went on and off my feet many times over many visits as I tried desperately to justify that at £395 I could do it if I didn't eat for the entire week. I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds and for such a good cause! Obviously and oh so sadly they did not make the flight home, but surely you can't blame me for trying.

 Images via Dezeen

Tracey previously collaborated with artist Nina Saunders and Sanderson fabrics shown above in what can only be described as amazing... birch trees, florals on melting armchairs and squirrels in fabric covered shoes. Nina's work is out there, check out her website. Definitely an artist able to give the incredible stylist Shona Heath a run for her money I'd say! Thanks again to everyone who helped get me to London, it has inspired me no end... watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. I was looking for the same info about virtually identical & finally i got my answer from your post thanks for sharing this useful info.!
    point of purchase displays

    ReplyDelete