4.10.12 BROGUES HEAD NORTH


On my fourth day in London I had an appointment with an arm of the Conran publishing group (thanks MM!) and afterwards visited Design Junction housed in the original 1960's Royal Mail Sorting Office in Central London. Essentially a design trade show set up in a non-trade show environment, British designer Alexena Cayless's contemporary furniture inspired by traditional crafts and heritage had me envisioning cobblers of old.

Being a sucker for leather especially when it involves tooling detail I zoned in on Alexena's Cheaney Chair and Brogue Foot Stool. Inspired by the traditional skills and materials of shoemakers and saddlers in England's Midlands, Alexena's pieces combine handcrafted leather brogue patterns with Scottish Tweed. I've never been more delighted with the idea of footwear heading north to cushion me as I sit...

4 comments:

  1. I know... am imagining brogues on everything now! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stool could live forever!

    ReplyDelete