8.10.12 FROM HERITAGE BOY TO THE CRYSTAL BULB


Happy Monday and welcome to another few days of my London design roundup post London Design Festival. By now we have all heard of Lee Broom yes? Young English designer whose past collection went by the name Heritage Boy and is now taking the design world by storm one handmade intricately cut full-lead crystal bulb at a time...

I loved the Crystal Bulb the minute I laid eyes on it in British Elle Decoration some time ago. I recently fell further in love with this perfect merging of old and new after seeing it in the flesh at Lee Broom's Crystal Bulb Shop as part of London Design Festival. An old electric store in East London, the floors were covered in sawdust while paraphernalia of old - think piano's, oversized scales and timber crates - had you believing you were experiencing electric lighting for the first time. Unlike the Dowager Countess of Downton Abbey (sorry addiction to this show is getting out of control) I was not and so rather than hide my frightened eyes I opened them wide and let the light in!

Image Lee Broom

1 comment:

  1. You would not dare put a shade on these gorgeous globes - they stand alone!

    ReplyDelete